Sunday, March 26, 2006

Poems

I used to hate poems while in school .. cause we had to quote a few words from them while writing exams ...

Today when i look back, these poems really carry such amazing meanings ...

Here are few of my favourite lines ... there would be many many more .. but these are the few that make most sense at this point in time.

Daffodils - William Wordsworth
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils

If - Rydyard Kipling
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

6 Comments:

Blogger SAL said...

If - Rudyard Kipling , is one of my favorites too. But 'Dont Quit' still is my all-timer! (The 1st post on my blog)

p.s. I too hated poems while in school, who knew I'll get many people to hate me too ;)

March 26, 2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger sumit said...

@sal: "who knew I'll get many people to hate me too ;)" - not yet unless u publish your works and make students study them.

March 27, 2006 1:12 AM  
Blogger Ess said...

tere school mein kafi hi-funda poems the re...

mere mein to sirf.. "jack and jill", "baa baa black sheep" types hote the :))

March 29, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger SOO-BEER said...

I loved another one by Rober Frost

The woods are lovely dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
Miles to go before I sleep !

March 29, 2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger Snehal said...

@sumit
Good thing u remember the poems they taught u in school. I only remember the nursery rhymes that i had learnt.Will read some of my old textbooks(Yes i still have them and will add a new comment)

April 12, 2006 1:31 AM  
Blogger sumit said...

@snehal: All i remember are the key lines of the poems and the poets. Rest is all childs play (read googling)

April 12, 2006 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home