Monday, April 17, 2006

My Didi

This post is dedicated to the person who is the architect of my life, my career, me as a person, as a friend, as a son, as a brother. And this person is my lovely sis.

My earliest memories about her are when she used to dress me up for school, pack my bag for the day, feed me with her lovely hands, and yes even polish my shoes. Then came the days when she started teaching me maths and science ... and today these are the subjects where i can say i have a strong base. Always trying to bring life into things, she was the one to take me for a stroll in the garden just to make my botany lessons exciting.

She being a truly family person, started taking tutions to aid my family in difficult times, and made sure i was in oblivion @ all times. And with the help of these tutions she got the best out of me too, to make me compete with my seniors in the annual maths competition held in DehraDun and yeah even beat them :):)

And as they say life doesnt always remain the same ... she got married during my 8th grade, leaving an unfillable void in me. Today she is pretty far away from me but she is the closest person I have. I am too small to even try to repay her.

Sis ... I may have never said this to you in these many words but "I truly love you"

9 Comments:

Blogger HP said...

Hey Sumit,

U r bang on target! Always missed a sister's presence in my life!

They can be such sweethearts sometimes and such heartbreakers at other occassions. But they too add a great deal to one's life!!

You refreshed some memories!!

Cheers,
HP

April 17, 2006 3:28 AM  
Blogger mtalpz said...

Thats a nice touching post..Always make her proud of you in whatever you do in life.. Thats the best way to repay her if u have to!!! :)

April 17, 2006 5:12 AM  
Blogger SAL said...

That put a smile on my face :)
Touching indeed...!

Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet, and ur post makes this sound so very true.


Sisters and roses are much the same.
Both are God's masterpieces,
each with a different name.


I guess I found my sister & brother both in my beloved parents... but had my share with my cousins. Never missed having a sibling due to their love, but I'm sure they wud b like "angels in disguise"

April 17, 2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Vivek said...

nice one .. I am sure she must have had a lot of fun having you as a part of her life ..

I didnt have sisters staying with me all the time but have cousins who are more like friends ... for me a brother was a natural thing to have around me since before birth ;).. frankly I dont even know how it feels otherwise

April 24, 2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger As If said...

Nice one dude, you surely making her proud and thats the only one way you can repay some of her debt.

April 25, 2006 2:05 AM  
Blogger mattu said...

Wow..
That was too good dude.She wud b so overwhelmed to read this.
And yea although my sister can't even dream of doing all this but i loooove that little devil :)
Sisters r the best thing to have

April 26, 2006 3:41 AM  
Blogger sumit said...

@HP: I beg to disagree a bit, I wont ever say that they are heartbreakers.

@mtalpz, @Asif: I can only try and i will try.

@Sal: :):)

@Vivek: Have had the blessings of a sister and a brother so i have had the best of both worlds.

@mattu: gotta meet your see to see the devil in her ;)

April 26, 2006 4:48 AM  
Blogger HP said...

@Sumit,

When I say heartbreakers, I meant about their going away from our lives.
The cousins that I have grown up with all are of the same age group. So, when one of my sisters got married and left India, it certainly left a void. I was just referring to that.

And otherwise too, sisters do sometimes play the devil in the house :-)

Cheers,
HP

May 04, 2006 2:54 AM  
Blogger sumit said...

@HP: yes i do agree tht they are heartbreakers in tht senario ...

May 04, 2006 3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home